Ghost 8 - Windows Server 2003 - Error 20077
d***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-09-18 15:09:31 UTC
Hi All

Symantec Ghost 8 running on Windows Server 2003. Attempting to clone a
Windows XP Professional Machine.

Error 20077: "Please register Ghost before attempting this operation"
appears on the Windows XP machine when the Clone Task is being run.

On the Symantec Help article
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/0/067e1d52d2aa11ab88256e150076f5b5?OpenDocument
is says to boot the Server into Dos. Windows Server 2003 does not have
a DOS option. Anybody have had this problem before.

David
David H. Lipman
2006-09-18 15:36:31 UTC
From: <***@yahoo.co.uk>

| Hi All
|
| Symantec Ghost 8 running on Windows Server 2003. Attempting to clone a
| Windows XP Professional Machine.
|
| Error 20077: "Please register Ghost before attempting this operation"
| appears on the Windows XP machine when the Clone Task is being run.
|
| On the Symantec Help article

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/0/067e1d52d2aa11ab88256e150076f5b5?OpenDocument
| is says to boot the Server into Dos. Windows Server 2003 does not have
| a DOS option. Anybody have had this problem before.
|
| David

Create a DOS Boot Disk !
--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
David H. Lipman
2006-09-18 15:37:37 UTC
From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>

| Create a DOS Boot Disk !

I should be mofre exact... From the Ghost Boot Disk Wizard create a DOS (MS-DOS or PC-DOS)
Ghost Boot Disk and make the clone.
d***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-09-18 15:44:15 UTC
It needs to be done remotely as of the number of machines that need to
be done regullary, 40 for example.

Does anybody know how the fix from symantec would work with Windows
Server 2003.

David H. Lipman
2006-09-18 17:30:31 UTC
From: <***@yahoo.co.uk>

| It needs to be done remotely as of the number of machines that need to
| be done regullary, 40 for example.
|
| Does anybody know how the fix from symantec would work with Windows
| Server 2003.

Define -- "It needs to be done remotely"

Ghost is a "hands on" application.
d***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-09-19 08:01:18 UTC
I do not want to go around to every machine and have to put a disk in,
Iwould like to be able to select Tasks on the Server and the execute
the required task.

David H. Lipman
2006-09-19 21:49:20 UTC
From: <***@yahoo.co.uk>

| I do not want to go around to every machine and have to put a disk in,
| Iwould like to be able to select Tasks on the Server and the execute
| the required task.

Then it will fail.